Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I would like to learn something about fallows, cause here in Italy are so rare, and they are so beautiful and misterious!
A friend of mine, had one of these budgies,a male with red eyes and white iris, and she don't know what mutation of hen pair with him!
thanks for your answers!:)
Francy

G

·
Hi Francy

I have an only fallow **** who is a violet dominant pied. Attempted to breed him with a mauve blue spangle hen 2 months ago. No result. Although there was mating, I couldn't see any egg from them. Todate, this pair is transferred back into the aviary. Bondage is still there as they are always together in whatever they do in the aviary. Just no luck.

Regarding your question of whom to breed the fallow with, I would suggest colour priority than mutation priority. The reason is fallows are recessive mutations. The fallow won't show visually till the 3rd generations.

As such, choose the partner with violet, mauve, cobalt to pair with the fallow.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Francy...to breed the best marked and color fallows breed to a normal green or blue even Opaline.Breeding to any rec pieds,spangles,dilutes,cinnamons or greywings will greatly reduce the markings as they will look more like a dilute spangle which defeats the purpose of breeding fallow in the first place.If I had to use a pied it would be a Dom Cobalt pied with violet if possible.You can breed to two separate hens the first year and then a chick from each pr. in the second year to get your visuals.Fallow with a white iris is a German fallow so don't cross these with an English fallow if you find one or you will not get any visual fallows.I mean English fallow variety not English type.Breeding to the larger is fine also.
Regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok,now it's time to start working,first find the cobalt pied,wont be easy,they seems to be everyday rarer here,althou you can be lucky if you go visit the next international bird exposition at Reggio Emilia,next late autumn/winter,they present more than 500 budgies almost every time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Silviu, are you the owner of the Fallow budgie? If so, we would like to see some pictures of him. :)

:juggle:
wish i had one fallow,but nope,sorry,no follow yet.i'm working on another line,wanna try have some sky clear flight yf 2 next year.but will take somesome work,and surelly some lucky,as my budgies are very young,and they'll go into breed cage next february.the final result should be the rainbow budgies,but not thinking on it for now,taking my time to enjoy the budgies's world for now^^.yesterday just got another space for bugies,might be awesome for breeading,might even consider working on another line<<<<work in progress.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You always need to pair 2 fallows to get 100% fallow chicks.

I have few pairs of fallows, sorry at the time I dont have pics but if u want to see then I will post soon.

UMAR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.