Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I save a lot of my birds feathers and just keep them in a jar, so I thought why not make an ornament out of them. I bought some clear glass ornaments and just stuffed the feathers in. I got the ornaments at Michael's, (a craft store in the US), they had many different shapes and sizes. This one is glass but they also had some clear plastic if you are concerned about breakage. The heart in the picture is about 2 1/2 inches high.

· Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,087 Posts
I love the feather ornament! Beautiful!!!!

Reactions: kwatson

· Registered
119 Posts
I'm guilty. I have a zip lock bag of all three budgie's feathers. At least now I know I'm not alone...lol!

My daughter made me a hand made journal in the shape of a large (about 8")price tag and hand cut a birdcage to put on the front. On each page is blank journal page to write about him or attached a picture. So some of Buttercup's feather's were used in the making of the journal.

Have only had The Boys for a short time so I'm still collecting there feathers and plan to do the same thing that I did for Buttercup.

The ornament is so pretty and a great idea to use and display some of your budgie's beautiful feathers.

· Servant of The King
11,900 Posts
That is really cool stuff...:cool:

· 2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,213 Posts
I don't have many.. so far I saved a couple of Phillip's feathers. They are a lot different than Lina's. This is a very good idea! :) well done!

· Registered
1,044 Posts
I have an ornate box I keep all of birds feathers I find. I always wanted a way to display them and couldn't think of a way. Now I do! Thanks for such a great idea!!! Beautiful!!

Reactions: Mikey Did It

· Member of the Month March 2015
1,834 Posts
That is so amazing and such a cool idea!!! I love it!

I save Sammy's wing feathers and tail feathers that fall out (which are all white), and I've been wondering if they will start to look a little scraggly or ugly over time. Do the feathers decompose or change?

I'll have to think of something beautiful I could make with only white (admittedly, grey on the ends) feathers.

· Budgetarian Award Recipient November 2014
871 Posts
This is precious... I make dream catchers out of my birds fallen feathers...!!!! The big ones...

This is an amazing idea for the smaller ones... I will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing...

· Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is so amazing and such a cool idea!!! I love it!

I save Sammy's wing feathers and tail feathers that fall out (which are all white), and I've been wondering if they will start to look a little scraggly or ugly over time. Do the feathers decompose or change?

I'll have to think of something beautiful I could make with only white (admittedly, grey on the ends) feathers.
I don't think they decompose or get ugly as long as they are kept dry.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.