Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I watched this video and it made me pine for three amigos that have now passed on. My personal favorite, Bandit, looked exactly like the black and brown little girl in this video, Cloud was an albino, and Hershey was a light chocolate version of Bandit.

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
It is always nice to bring back memories. I have never had anything to do with ferrets but after watching the clip I see they are amazing little creatures.
perhaps in the future you can once again have one in your life again.:D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! They are amazing little creatures. Bandit died of a brain tumor when he was 6, Cloud died during one of his heavy molts when he was 10, and Hershey died of old age when he was 12. When Bandit died, Gizmo cried, as they had been best buddies, despite the species difference. Even Lily was good friends with them, one of the few times she was a gentle giant. For when I can adopt one again, I have a reputable breeder in mind. I prefer boys, as they are less nippy and cuddlier than the girls.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow. I had no idea that ferrets could be kept as pets. Do they really do cuddles and stuff like that's? How do they compare intelligence to cats? I am quite intrigued... Surely they wouldn't be too compatible with fighter birds?

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,510 Posts
Thank you! They are amazing little creatures. Bandit died of a brain tumor when he was 6, Cloud died during one of his heavy molts when he was 10, and Hershey died of old age when he was 12. When Bandit died, Gizmo cried, as they had been best buddies, despite the species difference. Even Lily was good friends with them, one of the few times she was a gentle giant. For when I can adopt one again, I have a reputable breeder in mind. I prefer boys, as they are less nippy and cuddlier than the girls.
Aw it's always sad to lose them especially when their little friends are left behind wondering where they are.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. I had no idea that ferrets could be kept as pets. Do they really do cuddles and stuff like that's? How do they compare intelligence to cats? I am quite intrigued... Surely they wouldn't be too compatible with fighter birds?
They are very active little creatures, but if they are exposed to handling as kits (what we call ferret babies) they more readily accept cuddles. I believe them to be very smart, but I'd never trained mine to do tricks. But they can be litter box trained! They can be conditioned to get along with cats and dogs, but it's never okay to let them associate with any other type of pet, so they can easily kill them. That being said, I still miss my angels. I will just have to be extra careful to keep my ferret(s) away from the bird cage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.