Talk Budgies Forums banner
201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Administrator
56,528 Posts
Your boys are doing great together for it only being the second day. Chester is just showing Felix what he will and won't tolerate which is fine.
Felix is such a smart little fellow he's going to learn very quickly. Chester has taken on the role of "big brother" or "favorite uncle" in teaching Felix the finer points of being a budgie. Felix may not have been with his parents/siblings long enough for him to have learned some of these things previously.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Your boys are doing great together for it only being the second day. Chester is just showing Felix what he will and won't tolerate which is fine.
Felix is such a smart little fellow he's going to learn very quickly. Chester has taken on the role of "big brother" or "favorite uncle" in teaching Felix the finer points of being a budgie. Felix may not have been with his parents/siblings long enough for him to have learned some of these things previously.
Thank you for this confirmation and feedback!!! 💚

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
They're getting the hang of each other... here is a video (2 minutes) -

The first half is Felix trying to be friends and the second half is Chester trying to be friends.

After this video, Felix just pestered pestered pestered Chester and I had to put him away. I hope he will figure this whole budgie thing out soon.

Then I tried to spend some one-on-one time with Chester but Felix went ballistic in his cage. Jumping around, attacking his bells. It didn't seem worth it to spend time with Chester since he is so chill and it was so upsetting to Felix, so I put Chester back and took Felix out.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
They're getting the hang of each other... here is a video (2 minutes) -

The first half is Felix trying to be friends and the second half is Chester trying to be friends.

After this video, Felix just pestered pestered pestered Chester and I had to put him away. I hope he will figure this whole budgie thing out soon.

Then I tried to spend some one-on-one time with Chester but Felix went ballistic in his cage. Jumping around, attacking his bells. It didn't seem worth it to spend time with Chester since he is so chill and it was so upsetting to Felix, so I put Chester back and took Felix out.

I loved it when Chester kicked Felix.
“…Meh!…”

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I'm not sure what the kicking means but I hope it's friendly!

I could fit everything that I know about budgies onto the head of a pin, so don’t take my word for it :)
But. I would think that since there was no angry squawking or major fluttering, Chester was just finding a gentle way to get some space. It’s cute though..

·
Administrator
56,528 Posts
The kick was priceless. Chester was simply letting Felix know he was a "little too close".
"Move back a wee bit, youngin!" 😂

201 - 209 of 209 Posts