Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 3 budgies (2 male, 1 female) which are about 5 months old in a 75x50 cm cage. the two males are fighting over the female and she is taking side with one of them. is there anyway to stop them from fighting besides isolating them since I’m in a lockdown and don’t have a spare cage?

Note: they are siblings. they didn’t have any problems before but they were with two other budgies and one of them laid an egg so it might have something to do with that. The two budgies are separated now.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
You definitely need to find a way to get another cage, sooner rather than later.

Just because they are siblings, doesn't mean that they will get along. Do you get along with your siblings all the time? I certainly don't, my sister is a pain in the butt ! LOL. When hormones start raging, they also don't really care if they are siblings, they may end up mating anyways, which you need to stop in it's tracks!

Maybe check kijiji or your local adds, there is usually always a few cages for sale. Just be sure the disinfect it really well first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.