Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lots and lots of planning I'm finally going to Tokyo for about a year at a language school. I really cannot wait! Only thing I'll be sad about is leaving Char and Ries behind... A good friend has offered to take them in until I come back. She has a million budgies and helped me out with helping Chardonnay get better so I'm not afraid lol, the birds will probably love it at her place, lots of friends to make ^^

With a full year on my hands with weekends and vacations off, anyone got any suggestions on places I could visit? I've already covered the more southern parts of the island.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah I'm super hyped for this one! I went last spring in the nick of time for Sakura season, but I got a flu the last few days and missed Tokyo shopping Dx

I'll be in shibuya so I'm expecting shops everywhere, I must resist the urge. I hear it's humid in the summer, being from the east coast I get my fair share of stuffy air too lol.

I know one place I'll be going is back to Hiroshima to visit my host family from last time. And maybe Okinawa to visit my friend who came from exchange here in Canada. And probably gonna go north like Hokkaido, not really a ski person but the festivals there are nice.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
I see there are exciting times ahead for you and I'm wishing all the best for your trip and stay at Japan! :D
I'm very glad your Chardonnay and Riesling will be well taken care of by a responsible and experienced bird owner. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all! Yeah it's probably one of my favorite places on earth when I went last spring. Can't wait to head off!

Yeah I'm relieved they won't be in bad hands (like my mom who has the mentality of "it's just a bird it'll get sick and die" then not take em to the vet Dx)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.