·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: miss parakeet

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
yes it is a great website I've linked people to it a thousand times on here alone :) it's saved to my favorites on every computer I have :D

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
This is the very first website i found when i got my first budgies back in 2006. It helped me lots and hopefully helps many more people.
It really is a great website :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah it's a good site. I just can't decide what my boy is though lol. I have alutino female, dunno what she is split for though. Her mother is lutino but i dunno about her father.

Suggestions for Eddie welcome!

I'm thinking grey/violet opaline

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
He's a Mauve spangle

if your Lutino's mom was a lutino and the dad not visually one Then he's split to it other wise you'd not have a visual lutino baby from that pairing and the babies from the pairing that are lutino can be male or female -

also the Lutino does not appear to have red eyes - more so than not their red eyes show up very well in pictures if it doesn't have red eyes it's not a lutino

·
Registered
850 Posts
He's a Mauve spangle

if your Lutino's mom was a lutino and the dad not visually one Then he's split to it other wise you'd not have a visual lutino baby from that pairing and the babies from the pairing that are lutino can be male or female -

also the Lutino does not appear to have red eyes - more so than not their red eyes show up very well in pictures if it doesn't have red eyes it's not a lutino
Her eyes normally do, thats a dull and photoshopped photo :)

So does that mean her babies could be lutino if shes mated with Eddie?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Her eyes normally do, thats a dull and photoshopped photo :)

So does that mean her babies could be lutino if shes mated with Eddie?
no Lutino is sex linked Females do not give it to their babies except the males they will get it in a split form (Which you can't see)

so assuming he is not split to ino you will not get any inos visually , All males will be split, Females won't get the gene at all and if she's not split to blue your going to get all Green Series Babies.

IF he is split to ino , you can get Lutino in males and females If she is split to blue and he is Split to Ino then you'd get male and Female's in Albino and Lutino

if he was split to ino and you'd put him to a non ino female all ino babies born would be girls

And I'm calling it ino because a budgie can't be split to "lutino" or split " albino" its just ino - because it depends on what Base color they are and they are put with

Example- Your Female is a lutino - she's Green Series your male is Blue series So if he was split to ino and put to a Blue series female who was not ino You'd get albino girls, Put him to a green series not split to blue who is not a lutino you'd get Lutino girls

but as long as the Lutino female is the only one who has the Ino gene you will never get Visual Ino babies (rather its Lutino or Albino)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Kay thanks. Way over my head really lol! I don't mind what mutations i get, but my next two bird will be a green hen and a white **** (albino or not) so i don't know who will pair up better! Time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.