Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has me a bit confused as I think she is def a YF2 but her neck, flights and other markings are white.

Any ideas please?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Wow she is really beautiful! I've never seen a budgie that color before :eek:! I'm so jealous :) I looked at the mutations guide (http://***************/v_combinations.html) and she looks kinda like the sky blue/yf2/opaline/clearwing but with grey instead so I'm gonna guess that she's a grey factor yf2 opaline clearwing. :S I'm really bad with mutations right now though, I'm still practicing and learning =P but I hope this helped a little...? =P *prepares to be shut down*

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow she is really beautiful! I've never seen a budgie that color before :eek:! I'm so jealous :) I looked at the mutations guide (http://***************/v_combinations.html) and she looks kinda like the sky blue/yf2/opaline/clearwing but with grey instead so I'm gonna guess that she's a grey factor yf2 opaline clearwing. :S I'm really bad with mutations right now though, I'm still practicing and learning =P but I hope this helped a little...? =P *prepares to be shut down*
LOL - I'm the same, whenever I think I have it cracked - 1 comes along and stumps me :D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The colors in places resemble a cockatiel. The bottom half loks like a budgie. I am at a loss for what name to give to your bird.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My confusion is: if it is a YF2 surely the yellow should run throughout and she should be yellow with grey and also have clearflights but the other colouring should be yellow and not white. I've also heard the term golden face and surely this should still apply - the other base colour being yellow also.

Sorry if that sounds confusing - but I am :)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The colors in places resemble a cockatiel. The bottom half loks like a budgie. I am at a loss for what name to give to your bird.
LOL - thankfully there were no cockatiels at the breeder I got her from or I could have my doubts :laughing:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Type 1 yellow face opaline dominant pied grey. (Some YF 1s have a small amount of yellow spreading)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great - I was thrown by the brightness of yellow on her face whick made me think YF2

Thanks Nev :)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Do you think also full body greywing Nev? And why do you say dom pied instead of clearflight? Just curious :)
You're right about the greywing. I must be getting too old and missed it (I'll be 70 in a few months). I think dominant pied because of the small white area on the lower body

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.