Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been connected much this week because I've been working hard to finish this crocheted cardigan!

It's for one of my co-workers, who is having a baby girl next month. The pattern is the Petal Cardigan from Mon Petit Violon on Etsy and Ravelry. I snagged the discontinued yarn at a local yarn shop and am love with the color!

Yay for finishing a project! :) (Sammy approves as well!)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Wow Bethany!! Awesome job!! That's beautiful!! My mom could knit beautiful things too, but I never inherited the gift from her. :( But I do crochet. I always admired people who can knit as beautifully as you! She's going to be a very well dressed little girl!! ;)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
This is sooooo cute! :D great job you did there! I want to learn how to make these.. my mum began to show me but I found it difficult so I left the class! :p I hope I'll make a cardigan one day!

·
Administrator
59,672 Posts
That is adorable and I'm sure your friend will be thrilled that you took the time to make something so beautiful for her little girl.

I love the color, stiches, trim and buttons -- it's perfect!!

·
Super Moderator
19,684 Posts
Absolutely perfect! That little girl will be unrivaled in her fashion choices!! :D
I wish I had caught on to knitting or crocheting, but I tried knitting and ended up using the needles as chopsticks (no just kidding, but still, it was bad...) and I can only crochet in a straight line :giggle:
Awesome job, Bethany.
Next up: Sammy wants a green jumper with birds on it! :laugh:

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, everyone! I woke up feeling accomplished this morning now that the cardigan is finally finished. :)

The stitch is actually super easy - the normal stitch is just a double crochet (triple in UK crochet terms) and the bigger stitch is just single crochet then popcorn stitch (YO and pull up a loop until you have 7 loops, then YO and pull through all) in the same stitch. Skip one stitch and repeat. Turn and repeat the row to get the popcorn stitch in the other direction. The hardest part of the pattern was following the instructions for the silver petals, but I got them after a few tries :)

Thanks again for the comments! They made my day :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.