Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My budgie has just started eating seeds and gone off of formula. He eats a combination of budgie seed, egg food, spray millet and veggies. My problem is that I'm noticing that his crop is becoming firmer, I can actually feel the seeds in his crop... His poops are all normal and his crop does empty without any help (although I do massage it gently to loosen it up a bit). I'm just worried that he may not be eating correctly? Is this strange? I'm new to budgie care and would really like to know. So any input would be appreciated!

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,826 Posts
Sounds quite normal to me. When a bird goes from formula to seed it's crop will be firmer as they are not getting as much fluid in their diet. If you look at a chick that is being parent raised you will see the seed in the crop (this is before they grow feathers over the crop area) and it will feel much firmer than a baby that is being fed formula.

As long as he is drinking water, pooping normally and the crop is partially emptying then he should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.