Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
What a pretty wee clutch. Are you planning on keeping them all?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
They're beautiful! :loveeyes:
My lacewing chicks had brown quills on the tail feathers from the getgo. Is it possible for them to change from white to brown?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Li I'm selling the three brothers and keeping the white hen. They have a very nice dark redish cinnamon color.

Erin I'm really hoping they will change. If not then I have an albino female that isn't split or masking any genes I will have to breed out. But I'm really thinking she is a very lightly colored lacewing. I have had many albinos before but her markings are darker than the norm. We will see.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
She is gorgeous :love:

I have never seen a lacewing be that light in markings before either myself, usually the tail is the darkest in color and has a very noticeable light cinnamon color(especially the quill) even if the rest of the markings are very light and barely noticeable, as well as the cheek patches so long as another mutation is not masking it. I have had quite a few inos that had light markings though that sound like the ones you are describing.

Time will tell, I hope she does turn out to be one for you! :fingerx:

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
What a gorgeous girl! I couldn't see well in the first pictures but on that last one I see brown bars for sure, I know nothing about lacewings and how they look as they grow and molt but I hope she is one. Lacewings are very beautiful :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Well I'm convinced Quartz is a lacewing. In the natural sunlight I can see her markings. She has light brown markings on her cheeks, neck and shoulders. Her body color is also a light brown grey color.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.