Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
We haven't had any updates about Quarts in quite awhile and you are killing us! :) Has Quarts started molting yet, or do you have any more pics? :)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
she is a beauty!!!!!!! and so precious!!! I cannot find a bird like this here!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'm surprised and thrilled to say Quartz is my first lacewing! She has molted and her stripes did get a bit darker along with her body and tail color. But you can't see her coloring in any photos I take :( she does have striping on her face, shoulders and wings. Her tail and body color are light brown her quills don't look bright white they are a faint tan color. I have paired her up with a new addition to my flock Echo a cinnamon violet. Thy bonded very quickly and are sitting on three eggs at the moment! They grow up so fast.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
As I mentioned in your other thread, I am really surprised that you are breeding an at most 5 month old hen :( I realize you are excited to have lacewings, but breeding her so young is very dangerous and you have a high risk of loosing her :( If you loose her, you will be back to nothing if she is actually a lacewing. It was hard for me to wait that full year when my first lacewing finally popped up, but I was not willing to risk her life first and most important of all as a good owner/breeder, and loose 5 years of hard work just to rush it. I hope nothing bad happens...

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.