Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had written my introduction late last night, but didn't have a very good picture of our babies. Today I set them in front of the window for natural light and made sure my camera flash was set to off.

We are thinking the teal one is a male and the indigo one is a female, could anyone give me a good guess if we are correct? :) Thanks a bunch!

(Gypsy, the indigo one isn't a fan of us yet and generally refuses to look at us straight on if we are near the cage so I did the best I could with pictures. Bar-Bar loves us, but he thought I was going to kill him with the camera.)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
From that first photo of your cobalt blue normal budgie I'm seeing a uniform pinkish coloured cere and if that's what you see for real, then you have a young male budgie below 4 months of age.

The budgie on the second photo is a mature, adult male.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, I definitely think that Gypsy is a young male about 3 months old :) You have 2 sweet boys. Gypsy's cere will turn into purplish-royal bluish around 6 months or so. Gypsy is very new to everything and he is trying to adjust his new home and to you, he is probably scared, that could be why he is biting. Don't worry with time he will get used to your hands, you can try feeding him spray millet from your hand to start building trust :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think it is normal they preen each other and beaks touch and feed each other (regurgitate), this means they are bonding well and they can get along. Most to worry is when they fight and sit far from each other in the cage, then you should worry about it. Sounds like your boys get along well, nothing to worry ;)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.