Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted on your Breeding Journal, I had a baby as it started feathering up I swore it was a cinnamon, the feathers were coming in brown, and very light Like a cinnamon would. One thing I forgot to take notice of To know for sure if its cinnamon or not is the 2 center tail feathers...

As a baby feathering up wing tips coming in are Brown

Notice the tail though! not brown! for cinnamon

That same baby all grown up - not a cinnamon at all

A cinnamon As a baby
not the best pic but the baby looking up is Cinnamon and you can see the tail is cinnamon as well you can see the one beside it also has a brown tail that was a cinnamon spangle

that baby all grown up

So if your baby looses the brown looking markings as it gets older but was born with plum eyes, I do think you have a recessive pied :) specially since the center tail feathers on that one is clear(white) and that is 1 sign of a Pied - and since Dominant and clear flight pied are both not in the equation that leaves Recessive pied.

if it wasn't for the plum eyes I'd say maybe it is Spangle they have clear tails too but I've not heard of a SF Spangle having plum eyes(none of mine have) only DF spangle

G

·
Oh, thanks for the pictures and information, Atvchick95. Very nice and thoughtful of you to clear the doubts of cinnamon budgies. Your breeding experiences stand in good stead for putting things in perspective. I appreciate your starting a new thread for this cinnamon issue. Karma for certain.

Edit : KIV for the karma. Doesn't allow at the moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.