Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! (This is going to be a photo packed post so be warned)

So my two foster lovies, Rocko (yellow face) and Izzy (red face) went back to the shelter yesterday (Tuesday)! It was bittersweet, I swear we almost had a failed foster and adopted them but decided against it :p Such kind little birds should hopefully be adopted fast! :D

I'd also like to thank everyone who helped me out in ensuring I gave the best possible care to these little guys! :urock:

Anyway, as promised here are the best photos I could get of such wiggly birds. Izzy happily steps up and climbs onto our shoulders. Rocko dislikes hands still but enjoys flying to our heads.

This was after a few days in foster, while they were still strictly cage-bound.

Their personalitys came out quickly once we starting giving them out of cage time. (Yes there is poop on the curtain :whatever: )

Rocko wiggles a lot and doesn't like hands so it's kinda blurry but ah well

Here's Izzy being a lovebat :giggle:

Rocko mid-shake sitting on my head (Please excuse my roots I'm growing them out for a reason)

Izzy hanging out on my shoulder

And again

Izzy quickly learned that she was a pretty bird and started posing for photos :laughing2:

This is her "best side"

Here Izzy is hanging out on my collar (Yes I have two shirts on)

I was trying to get a picture of Rocko peeking over the curtain but Izzy decided to climb down and peek out :p

And finally, a couple photos of them both hanging out on my head :D

Hopefully you enjoyed seeing these little goof-balls, I'm sure they'll be loved by who ever adopts them. :) Thank you all again for the help you gave me, you're such wonderful people :2thumbs:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are absolutely adorable and it looks like they were just a ball of laughs! Sounds like you had a wonderful time fostering them and I'm sure that someone lovely will come along and take them to their new forever home ;)

Great job fostering them :urock:
Thank you! Yes, they both have such great personalities :D Can't wait to see them be adopted! The exotic animal admissions/adoptions tend to slow down in the winter but we're packed full of reptiles right now and these sweeties are two out of three birds there and deserve a great home :) (Of course all animals deserve a great home, but my fosters especially ;) :laughing: )

·
Administrator
59,649 Posts
Brit,

Karma to you for being such a wonderful Foster Parent.
I certainly couldn't do it - I would fail ever time and end up keeping all the birds I tried to foster! :eek:

These two lovely lovies are so sweet -- I hope they find a wonderful safe home with an owner who will adore them and care for them in the way they deserve.

Thank you for taking such good care of them -- I loved seeing their pictures. :hug:

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
It's great to see your foster lovies and I'm glad you had such a good time with them.
I'm sure they thoroughly enjoyed their stay at your house, too! You did an amazing job with these lovies! :2thumbs:
I'm wishing Izzy and Rocko all the best and hope they will soon find the perfect forever home. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wish there was someone like you around here. I know of a "green parrot" that needs someone to rescue it. The people that have it and do not like or want it. It is only 5 yrs old and my daughter was over there the other day and she was cleaning out its cage and dishes...she said there was mold growing in its water dish. My heart breaks for that poor little bird.

These little loves were very blessed to have gotten you to care for them. Thank you for what you do for them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you've all enjoyed the pics! :D

Oh they are just adorable and look at the huge smiles they have in their little faces now :D I really hope they get a forever home that's every bit as good as their foster home :)
Thanks for sharing pictures of these sweetie pies :)
I loved their little smiles, too :p Thank you, I hope they do as well! :)

Brit,

Karma to you for being such a wonderful Foster Parent.
I certainly couldn't do it - I would fail ever time and end up keeping all the birds I tried to foster! :eek:

These two lovely lovies are so sweet -- I hope they find a wonderful safe home with an owner who will adore them and care for them in the way they deserve.

Thank you for taking such good care of them -- I loved seeing their pictures. :hug:
Thank you so much! We try to give the best possible care we can to these amazing animals who might not have been getting it before :) And it is so hard giving them back every time! :giggle: They're definitely little characters and I'm sure it won't be hard for them to find a good home :D

It's great to see your foster lovies and I'm glad you had such a good time with them.
I'm sure they thoroughly enjoyed their stay at your house, too! You did an amazing job with these lovies! :2thumbs:
I'm wishing Izzy and Rocko all the best and hope they will soon find the perfect forever home. :)
They were such amazing little birds to care for :D Thank you! I hope so too :)

Oh my they are so cute, I too would fail I( am afraid I couldn't give them back once I had them at my home. You are a very special person to b able to do this. I thankyou :clap:
Haha, it's definitely hard giving the animals back every time! :giggle: You're so kind, thank you!

I wish there was someone like you around here. I know of a "green parrot" that needs someone to rescue it. The people that have it and do not like or want it. It is only 5 yrs old and my daughter was over there the other day and she was cleaning out its cage and dishes...she said there was mold growing in its water dish. My heart breaks for that poor little bird.

These little loves were very blessed to have gotten you to care for them. Thank you for what you do for them.
Poor thing, I would take him in in a heartbeat and get him a good home. These amazing animals deserve so much for the joy they bring to us, to see them like that breaks my heart :( I do see that a lot in my city as well, people buy birds thinking they're quiet or cheap to care for and then soon find out they are not and don't want them anymore :mad: Thankfully we have a very good shelter and a bird rescue here!

Thank you, I'm very happy I have the opportunity to care for sweeties like these :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh that is just wonderful news :) I really hope they've gone to a great new home :)

I know a little part of you must be missing them dearly - you are such a kind person :)
Thank you, so do I! :D And yes, I do miss them :p I'm trying to push down the feeling of getting another bird :giggle: Good thing there's no budgies at the shelter right now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.