Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello there. A quick question for you. A lost Lovebird has made his way to my Budgies cage outse. My budgie is aloud out and the lovebird seems to be very friendly towards him. The Budgie however is not so sure and pecks at him/her when it tries to kiss or cuddle. But the lovebird just wants to be near the budgie. I see on the net that this lovebird may kill my budgie. They spent the night in the cage together, but I'm really afraid that it will kill it. Any light on the subject please. Much appreciated. Spyros

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Hello there. A quick question for you. A lost Lovebird has made his way to my Budgies cage outse. My budgie is aloud out and the lovebird seems to be very friendly towards him. The Budgie however is not so sure and pecks at him/her when it tries to kiss or cuddle. But the lovebird just wants to be near the budgie. I see on the net that this lovebird may kill my budgie. They spent the night in the cage together, but I'm really afraid that it will kill it. Any light on the subject please. Much appreciated. Spyros
Hello! It's great you managed to rescue this lovebird. :)
It seems your rescued stray had contact with other species of pet birds, since he seems to be so friendly towards your budgie and in your case you really need to get another cage to house the lovebird. This is done for your budgie and as well as the lovebird's safety.
You can also place fliers indicating you have found a lost lovebird in hopes of locating its owner.
It's also best to quarantine the lovebird for at least a month to prevent a potential illness to be spread to your budgie.

Reactions: StarlingWings
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.