Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourth training day results

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  SolBudgie 
#1 ·

I'm so impressed of his learning skill!

I believe he got the concept of fetching, but I can't increase the distance between the ball and the hand because he's having a hard time moving with the ball. I think it's too heavy for him :(
Any ideas where to get a lighter ball on the internet?

#8 ·
Wow...I love it...look's like the sky is the limit with Sol...thank you for sharing...:)

#10 ·
Wow amazing progress!!

I'm not going to hide it I'm SUPER JEALOUS!!!! Lol!!

How did you teach wave? (Maybe I've missed a post somewhere) - I wish I had that bond with my budgies.

I think I need to train myself first! I still can't grasp holding millet/budgie/props all at the same time lol!!

#12 ·
I don't train Sol with millet. For some reason there's no millet treats in Israel S: Only seeds and sticks of seeds mixed with honey. But Sol is CRAZY about them, so that's working anyway :)

Umm I put my finger next to his leg so he would step up. Each time he stepped only with the leg I wanted, he got a treat. Very soon he understood that he's getting rewarded for stepping with one leg. It was very clumsy, but I figured eventually it'll work out.
After seeing he got the concept, I put my finger in front of him, but maintained a bigger distance. He got rewarded once or twice before he understood that he shouldn't actually step on my finger. I was surprised he figured that out so quickly!
From the beginning I said "wave" every time. After he stopped stepping on my finger I changed the signal to a wave with my hand. Because he knew what I expected from him and how the command sounds like, he got used to the new signal immediately.
I hope I was clear enough! Good luck! ((:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.