Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BonBon's mom is a violet grey recessive pied spangle whereas his dad is violet cobalt split for recessive pied.
Initially, the verdict was that he was grey when he first fledged. Here is his picture when he was around 4 weeks old:

The cheek patches were quite grey back then:

His rump was also a dark grey:

And this is him now after going through his first moult. As you can see, huge difference in the colour of cheek patches and his rump.

his cheek patches:

and finally his rump:

So what is the verdict now? still the same? :)

Thank you so much in advance :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I think he is both grey and violet. The cheek patches are brighter than a grey usually has but not as bright as they would be if he was just violet. You might find that the amount of grey showing will vary after each moult

·
Registered
597 Posts
I love him...:loveeyes: I think he would like to live with me and Chirp! We're both in Ontario...I'll pick hime up now! Where you at, Zeens? I'm on my way!

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love him...:loveeyes: I think he would like to live with me and Chirp! We're both in Ontario...I'll pick hime up now! Where you at, Zeens? I'm on my way!
hahahaha....How about you drop Chirp off for a play date and see how they get along first? You can keep her here for a while *permanently*.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.