Talk Budgies Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

So I have a full spectrum light for my budgie, but the lights in the room he's in are controlled by a dimmer switch (I change the bulb when he have the lights on in the evening so that he only gets the FS light at a specific time).

Whenever I put the light on for him, I usually just turn the switch on and leave it on the lowest setting because the FS light comes on really bright. But it's just occurred to me, should I be turning the dimmer switch up to a higher brightness? I've no idea if the setting of the switch effects how much light he's getting.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Super Moderator
3,344 Posts
Hey all.

So I have a full spectrum light for my budgie, but the lights in the room he's in are controlled by a dimmer switch (I change the bulb when he have the lights on in the evening so that he only gets the FS light at a specific time).

Whenever I put the light on for him, I usually just turn the switch on and leave it on the lowest setting because the FS light comes on really bright. But it's just occurred to me, should I be turning the dimmer switch up to a higher brightness? I've no idea if the setting of the switch effects how much light he's getting.
Thanks,
Paul
Are you using an avian specific bulb or a general full spectrum bulb?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, yes it's specifically one for birds and it's only on for one hour a day.

(the bulb is also just above his cage as it's a wall lamp above where I put him)

·
Administrator
55,535 Posts
I would leave the light on the dimmest setting. Thank you for having it on for only one hour per day - that's perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts