Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Full-Body Colour Greywing" & "Clearwing" producing Pairings -Examples

Hi All,

Having had some advice from TB members on these aspects.... I wish to ask U to see if the below 2 pairings are correct examples of pairings that have produced FBC Greywing (PAIR A) & Clearwing (PAIR B) off-spring respectively....?

Especially your views on how the genetics of such pairings worked in these examples OR has worked for your pairings?
Bird Green Photograph Vertebrate Blue

Bird Photograph Green Vertebrate Light
Notes:
1) Colony breeding,but I'm very certain about these pairings & off-spring;
2) Pair A - **** is split for Opaline, knowing this from his mother & babies;
3) Pair B - If I understand Opaline correct the Hen gave this gene in split form and/or visual form to the **** babies?
4) Pair B - This pair gave a good number of Opaline Light-green babies as well, and with the Blue-series babies...the Hen has to be split for Blue;
5) These off-spring shown are only some of the babies ...thus focussing only on the FBC Greywing & Clearwing looking babies...

Comments & photos of your examples will be appreciated...

Thx 2 all 4 help in advance,
JacodK

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Having browsed the Net...

..I've come across these on this subject (...but I would still like to hear Ur opinion on the above pairings pse)...with credit to:

Tonic & Nev90 respectively:
1) "Multiple Alleles and Their Inheritance" => http://www.budgie-info.com/alleles.html

2) Past TB thread: http://www.talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=40184

wherein Nev90 posted following reply:

"50 years ago the clearwing mutation had only very faint grey wing markings but unfortunately now most clearwings have markings that are almost as dark as greywings. The main difference in the two mutations is that the body colour of the greywing is diluted about 50% but the clearwing is not. A full body greywing is a combination of the two mutations and has greywings and bright body colour. Most examples shown on the web are not very good at showing the difference.

Here are 3 pictures of my birds the 1st is greywing, 2nd is clearwing and 3rd is full body greywing:
Bird Mesh Beak Wire fencing Feather

Bird Parrot Grey Beak Feather

Bird Beak Parrot Feather Wing

................."

This helped me a lot...
Jdk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.