Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My budgies love it when I play music for them (of course they do)
The way they react to it really depends on the song. They get really worked up anytime I play Tchaikovsky. I think it’s the fast strings. They fall asleep to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, and they looooove 8-bit versions of anything. What kind of music do your birds enjoy?

·
Super Moderator
About that…
1,275 Posts
I so very badly want to contribute to this one, but I don't have a bird yet :(
That-being-said, I have a very diverse playlist already built for him/her that includes a lot of soundtracks, jazz, classical and a mix of techno and recorded sound effects :)

·
Administrator
59,151 Posts
My budgies all like Rock and Roll!
Especially the songs I like cause I sing along with them.
(The fact that I can't carry a tune doesn't matter to the budgies in the least! LOL)

My lovebirds prefer the songs I sing to them:

1. Bird, Bird Bird, Bird is the Word!

2. Bad Bird, Bad Bird, whatcha gonna do?

3. Peachy and Pedro are baby birds, baby birds, baby birds
Peachy and Pedro are baby birds, Ba- Bee Birds!

Seque into Bird, Bird, Bird...

·
Super Moderator
About that…
1,275 Posts
Rock and Roll🎸 especially Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, I was watching a PBS special on them a while ago and the birds could not stop singing with them. For those of you that have no idea who the Fours Seasons are the four seasons (band) - Video Search Results
I am not at all surprised that Parrots like falsetto ;)

Though, honestly...
the theme from The Great Escape should be required learning for all Cockatiels.

·
Registered
321 Posts
How do you all get your fluffers to listen to Rock and Roll? Anything abrupt or with sudden changes scares them, so I only play mellow songs or calm classical songs (the YouTube calm mixes are my go-to). They love when I sing Far Over The Misty Mountains Cold, especially if I do it deep. They get right up close to my mouth and immediately sleep. I think the deep vibration relaxes them. But I could literally sing anything and they love it? They listen so intently and then fall asleep.

I'm playing Tchaikovsky right now, it's a bit too abrupt, but they seem to really like it. Lots of whistling.

·
Administrator
59,151 Posts
How do you all get your fluffers to listen to Rock and Roll? Anything abrupt or with sudden changes scares them, so I only play mellow songs or calm classical songs (the YouTube calm mixes are my go-to). They love when I sing Far Over The Misty Mountains Cold, especially if I do it deep. They get right up close to my mouth and immediately sleep. I think the deep vibration relaxes them. But I could literally sing anything and they love it? They listen so intently and then fall asleep.

I'm playing Tchaikovsky right now, it's a bit too abrupt, but they seem to really like it. Lots of whistling.
My budgies have always loved rock and roll -- I guess each budgie is different when it comes to their preferences.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My budgies have always loved rock and roll -- I guess each budgie is different when it comes to their preferences.
I may have coddled mine too much. I think if I introduced them to it, over time they would become desensitized and start to like it. It's happened with some genres already, they'll be alert and scared and become really thin, but after a bit they relax and start bopping to it.

Once I move out, I'll be playing more music regularly so they'll get the chance to try all different tastes. Can't wait to have them all over the apartment with me, free rein, baby, free rein! Getting a place with huge windows too for that good, good sunlight.

·
Registered
405 Posts
So my kids are a fan of the Disney’s Descendents series and they will often play the soundtrack on our Alexa devices. Naturally Bucky got in to it, too, and he will get all excited, chirp, and bob his head along to the music. Quite funny! 😆

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.