Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Seen threads on people asking about this. I’m also curious to know about my baby Pearl. Going by the cere, I think it’s a boy?

Photos taken both indoor and outdoor. He’s kind of bluish gray. What can you make out abt his mutations?

Thanks much!

Bird Beak Stock dove Feather Ducks, geese and swans

Hand Bird Beak Finger Picture frame
Paper towel Flooring Plastic bottle Fashion accessory Fish

The parents:
Bird Parrot Pet supply Beak Mesh

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
I'm honestly leaning female, but I'm an amateur at this :)
As for mutation...I can tell you that s/he is grey (which is the best budgie color, fyi). :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm honestly leaning female, but I'm an amateur at this :)
As for mutation...I can tell you that s/he is grey (which is the best budgie color, fyi). :)
Hahaha why is grey the best colour?

Thanks all! My vet also guess that Pearl is a girl. Hahaha I’m hoping for a little boy though, all my pets are females 😅 (not that it really matters, just saying lol).
Ok, so I was guessing myself that Pearl is opaline grey. The cheek patches are bluish grey and the wings have grey in it.

Thanks for the confirmation!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys!

Pearl is about 3 months plus now! Just lost the barrings on the head
Do you supposed Pearl is a boy? The cere is getting more blue each day, but there is some white area around the nostrils. He’s getting more and more vocal, and regurgitates occasionally.
Bird Hand Computer Peripheral Input device

I also brought home a baby cockatiel, meet Summer!
Bird Eye Beak Parrot Parakeet

·
Super Moderator
18,902 Posts
Pearl is most definitely a girl :) Her cere is even the textbook color of pale beigish-blue for females. Summer is a cutie! S/he looks really young still though, is she eating on her own?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okok! Hahaha I’m still hoping for a boy.

Yah, Summer is 5 weeks old. She pecks at millets and pellets already. But I’m still hand feeding her.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Okok! Hahaha I’m still hoping for a boy.

Yah, Summer is 5 weeks old. She pecks at millets and pellets already. But I’m still hand feeding her.
5 weeks is still pretty young.. please make sure that you are feeding her properly :)
Coincidence that her mutation contains “pearls”..? ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,786 Posts
Hey guys!

Pearl is about 3 months plus now! Just lost the barrings on the head
Do you supposed Pearl is a boy? The cere is getting more blue each day, but there is some white area around the nostrils. He’s getting more and more vocal, and regurgitates occasionally. View attachment 260933

I also brought home a baby cockatiel, meet Summer!
View attachment 260934
Summer is beautiful. I would have that band on Pearl's leg removed, it is really large and actually looks like a handcuff and something could easily get caught in it and cause injury to the leg.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Summer is beautiful. I would have that band on Pearl's leg removed, it is really large and actually looks like a handcuff and something could easily get caught in it and cause injury to the leg.
Oh thanks for ur advice. I was worried about it too. Thankfully so far no problems. But that’s the smallest that can be engraved, and I couldn’t remove it, the hinge is very stiff. I will ask my vet for help on the next visit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts