Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have had doubts about Nikko's gender from day one. He/she sings constantly like most male budgies and also dances similar to male budgies I have had. I know sexing a lutino or albino is different than other budgies. Thank God I chose a name the works for either gender right?!?!

Anyway I caught Nikko and my male budgie (for sure) having a little too much fun. I'm pretty sure Nikko is female, but attached . for everyone's opinion.

If she is female how do I prevent or discourage egg laying? Also can I discourage breeding behavior? I don't want any babies, but if it happens I'm definitely not gonna shake the eggs (that's just cruelty!!!)

HELP!!!!!!!!:budgie:

Attachments

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Your instincts were correct for sure! You have a beautiful little girl :thumbsup:

If you do not want to take any chances with breeding it would best to completely separate your male and female for now, and any time you see any breeding/mating behavior. Otherwise there are no guarantees you will not have eggs, and unless you are completely prepared for chicks it is always better safe than sorry :)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Thats a beautiful lutino girl you have there :)

·
Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,089 Posts
Love it that you posted pictures from every conceivable angle, even upside down on the bars! ;)
She's a girly-girl for sure and a beautiful one too!!!

Reactions: jenamarie

·
Member of the Month November 2014
3,192 Posts
Lovely little girl you've got there! And definitely in breeding condition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.