Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my budgie for over a year now, and his or her cere still hasn't told me whether its a boy or girl, like somedays it looks like its turning blue, and others not.

·
Optimus Prime
4,046 Posts
Hard to tell from the photo but my guess is boy? One of the more experienced members will confirm I am sure :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry about the picture quality! my phone takes terrible pictures and that is the most recent.

·
Administrator
56,577 Posts
Please post another picture taken in natural light but not in direct sunlight.

Direct sunlight works the same way a flash does in that it washes out the color of the cere making gender determination more difficult. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,458 Posts
She's definitely a beautiful little girl!

Young males have pink or purple ceres that turn dark blue when they're older, and young females have a pale blue, white, or tan cere that will turn dark brown when they are in breeding condition and otherwise will revert to the pale colour. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank y'all C: I've been trying to identify her gender for ever now, I've thought she was a he for a long time. She will remain with the name Blitz cause she does the splits X3

·
Member Spotlight Award March 2016
1,887 Posts
It's a girl.she's so beautiful.she has that curious look on her face lol.in her cage looking at the cam,probably saying is this my good side :cool:.thanks for lovely photo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.