Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got 2 new budgies, one of which is an albino, as told by the shopkeeper it is a female.
But I am in a bit confusion.
Help me in figuring out the gender of both my budgies, white and green...
Green also a female..but for confirmation... help...
I hve seen both of them preening and kissing...green and white one...
Bird Eye Beak Parrot Feather
Bird Picture frame Beak Parrot Feather

I already had one blue budgie 'Coco', he's a male...
Bird Eye Beak Parrot Feather
Bird Picture frame Beak Parrot Feather
Bird Leg Wood Flooring Floor
Bird Vertebrate Green Beak Blue

·
Super Moderator
6,004 Posts
The green bird appears to be a female, the white one, which is not an albino, looks to be male because in the first picture the cere appears pink. In that mutation a male will have a pink cere and it will remain that way it's entire life, if you can post another frontal picture of the white bird we can verify for sure, also please post one of the blue bird. Please do not allow your birds on the floor, it is a dangerous place for them especially when they are not able to fly because of clipped wings, they could be stepped on or something could fall on them and kill or injure them. How many birds do you have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The green bird appears to be a female, the white one, which is not an albino, looks to be male because in the first picture the cere appears pink. In that mutation a male will have a pink cere and it will remain that way it's entire life, if you can post another frontal picture of the white bird we can verify for sure, also please post one of the blue bird. Please do not allow your birds on the floor, it is a dangerous place for them especially when they are not able to fly because of clipped wings, they could be stepped on or something could fall on them and kill or injure them. How many birds do you have?
Thank you so much...
I hve three birds...
Nd surely we'll ensure they don't move on floor...but generally we give them a seperate area to wander around...
I am adding pictures as u asked ..
Do confirm the gender..of all ..
Thank uu
Bird Hand Beak Gesture Finger

Bird Beak Wood Gesture Finger
Bird Beak Wood Gesture Nail
Bird Hand Parrot Beak Finger
Bird Hand Parrot Beak Gesture
Bird Hand Parrot Beak Gesture
Bird Hand Beak Parrot Gesture
Bird Hand Parrot Beak Feather

Attachments

·
Administrator
60,616 Posts
The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being
Locating an Avian Veterinarian

The white budgie (which is NOT an albino) is a male.
The blue and green budgies are females.

What are their names?

Are you housing all three budgies together?
How large is the cage? Length, Width, Height

As you have mixed genders, you need to be doing everything necessary to prevent breeding.

A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Rearranging their cage frequently will help tremendously.
Please be sure you never put a nest box or anything that could be used as a nesting site in their cage.
When they come into condition, you need to limit the light they get to 8 hours a day and limit the amount of protein in their diet.

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
(Stickies are threads “stuck” at the top of each forum sub-section)
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Super Moderator
20,168 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums!

FaeryBee is correct with regards to their genders. It's very important for their health to prevent breeding.

You've been given great advice and resources above so please be sure to read through everything to ensure you're up to date on the forums as well as the best practices for budgie care. If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help!

Hope to see you around 👋

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being
Locating an Avian Veterinarian

The white budgie (which is NOT an albino) is a male.
The blue and green budgies are females.

What are their names?

Are you housing all three budgies together?
How large is the cage? Length, Width, Height

As you have mixed genders, you need to be doing everything necessary to prevent breeding.

A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Rearranging their cage frequently will help tremendously.
Please be sure you never put a nest box or anything that could be used as a nesting site in their cage.
When they come into condition, you need to limit the light they get to 8 hours a day and limit the amount of protein in their diet.

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
(Stickies are threads “stuck” at the top of each forum sub-section)
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory
Thank you so much...
We had named the blue one as coco..
Now White one as snow..
Green one as Mango ..
Nd placed all three of them in a medium sized cage ...
Nd I'll ensure everything is taken care of...told by you...
Thank u all so much for your concern...
Just to tell...We brought...two birds...blue(coco) nd yellow(piku)...4 months back....
piku...she left me on 7th jan...she got ill due to cold...😔...please don't let ur bird play in water during cold season...
So for coco not to be alone...we got her two new birds...yellow nd green...mango nd snow..
But I really miss her....she was the sweetest little baby....
I'll post her pics here ..
Bird Beak Parrot Feather Yellow

Bird Beak Human body Parrot Feather

Bird Pet supply Beak Bird supply Parrot

This last pic is from 1week...we got them ..
Wasn't she beautiful...🥺😭
She was a great observer...nd heard me very carefully always...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello and welcome to the forums!

FaeryBee is correct with regards to their genders. It's very important for their health to prevent breeding.

You've been given great advice and resources above so please be sure to read through everything to ensure you're up to date on the forums as well as the best practices for budgie care. If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help!

Hope to see you around 👋
Thank you so much....
Nd I'll surely ensure their well being...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.