Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gender of my bird.

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  StarlingWings 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have been able to determine the gender of my other birds but I have no idea about this one, any help is appreciated.
Bird Hand Beak Gesture Parrot

See less See more
#3 ·
He is a darling, precious little male!
What is his name?
How many budgies do you have?
Are you caging them all together?

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

Locating an Avian Veterinarian

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
(Stickies are threads “stuck” at the top of each forum sub-section)
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

#4 ·
Hello and welcome to the forums!

I agree he is most likely male but since his cere is in shadow, could you get another photo and post that one too? That, and he's literally adorable :D

You've been given great advice and resources above so please be sure to read through everything to ensure you're up to date on the forums as well as the best practices for budgie care. If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help!

Hope to see you around 👋

#5 ·
Thank you all, and thanks for the lovely welcome to the forum :) I was confused with this one as his cere was almost white at one point. Also sorry for the slow reply I work in the hospital so it's hard to reply sometimes in a timely manner.

To answer your question FaeryBee I named him Paloma, it's Spanish for dove. I have 5 birds soon to be 6, I have been rescuing ill treated and neglected birds from various places. I had them in two seperate cages but they never wanted to be seperated so I just let them please themselves, so now they all kind live in one cage together.

I have a bird safe room and I have two large trees in the room so they generally live in the trees and in there cage as they please. I stopped locking them up at night as they did not seem to appreciate it that much and when I get up in the morning they are as I left them the previous night in the trees perching.

I am thinking of building an aviary as I seem to be getting more and more and the mess is the only factor really. That and when summer arrives, I would like to open the windows in my house. I will post a better picture later on today I need to go out and do some things. Have a great day all and thank you for your help :)

#6 ·
Paloma is such a cute name for your little one. Do you have another photo of his cere, just to make sure?

Also, please be sure the trees you are using in their room are bird safe! I’m sure you already did but for any members reading this it’s important to check any houseplants that your budgies have access to. 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.