Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gender Please!

I’m sorry if I post wrong or make a mistake, as I just joined this group!

I just got two budgies and I’m having a hard time deciding what their gender is. The green baby is named Twiggy and I believe (s)he may be a male. The blue baby is named Winter and I believe (s)he may be a female because of the white rings on her cere. I’m not exactly sure, so I’m hoping I can get some expert budgie opinions!! I really appreciate it.

If anyone could possibly give me an estimate of their age, that would be greatly appreciated as well!!

My budgies and I just woke up, so please excuse the blanket still covering the back of their home.

Twiggy

Winter

·
Administrator
56,604 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being.

Both of your budgies are Beautiful little FEMALES!

Did you get Twiggy and Winter from a breeder or a pet store?
They both look young - my estimation would be about 12 weeks old

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES

List of Stickies

Posting on the Forums

Let's Talk Budgies!

FAQ

Articles

Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense

Avian First Aid

Quarantine IS Necessary!

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old

Tips For Discouraging Breeding

Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies

Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Cage sizes.

Essentials to a Great Cage

Dangers to Pet Birds

Resource Directory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being.

Both of your budgies are Beautiful little FEMALES!

Did you get Twiggy and Winter from a breeder or a pet store?
They both look young - my estimation would be about 12 weeks old

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES

List of Stickies

Posting on the Forums

Let's Talk Budgies!

FAQ

Articles

Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense

Avian First Aid

Quarantine IS Necessary!

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old

Tips For Discouraging Breeding

Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies

Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Cage sizes.

Essentials to a Great Cage

Dangers to Pet Birds

Resource Directory
Thank you so much!! That works out perfectly! I didn’t want to worry about breeding.

Yes, I got them both from Petco about two days ago.

Again, I really appreciate the sexing and the age estimates! I’m excited to grow alongside my baby girls, Twiggy and Winter!

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Twiggy and Winter are adorable! They indeed are two precious little girls and I'm glad they are settling in well so far.

You've come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices! FaeryBee has given you some great resources above, which include the forums' many budgie articles and "stickies". Be sure to read through them, and if you have any questions after doing so, feel free to ask as we'd love to help.

Hope to see you and your girls around here!

👋

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Twiggy and Winter are adorable! They indeed are two precious little girls and I'm glad they are settling in well so far.

You've come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices! FaeryBee has given you some great resources above, which include the forums' many budgie articles and "stickies". Be sure to read through them, and if you have any questions after doing so, feel free to ask as we'd love to help.

Hope to see you and your girls around here!

👋
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. I will definitely check out the resources FaeryBee has provided! Again, thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.