Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used to have a baby duck i bonded to when i was little sad story short it was taken away from me and let go at a park

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im getting a peking duck or blue swede duck i also have 7 ****atiels a pair thats having babys soon and 2 parrotlets

·
Registered
647 Posts
Awww! I looked after two ducklings for a short time. They were so sweet! They would just follow you around all day!
Post pics when you get them please!

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
I hand raised a clutch of wild ducks a few years ago. It was so lovely and inspiring.
I was driving home down my road and saw something on the road, I slowed down and drove past I couldn't believe my eyes there was eight little ducks sitting on the road I reversed up and stopped. I looked around for the mother no sign, So I pick them up and bundled them into my lap, drive home. I took them inside set up a box and started to research what they would eat.
They all survived, they would start to call for me as soon as I came down the stairs in the morning. I taught them how to swim and dive in a paddle pool, I will never forget the first time one of the boys honked at me to come in the door! They came back here each year to mate and raise their own babies on our dam. Lovely :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
I hand raised a clutch of wild ducks a few years ago. It was so lovely and inspiring.
I was driving home down my road and saw something on the road, I slowed down and drove past I couldn't believe my eyes there was eight little ducks sitting on the road I reversed up and stopped. I looked around for the mother no sign, So I pick them up and bundled them into my lap, drive home. I took them inside set up a box and started to research what they would eat.
They all survived, they would start to call for me as soon as I came down the stairs in the morning. I taught them how to swim and dive in a paddle pool, I will never forget the first time one of the boys honked at me to come in the door! They came back here each year to mate and raise their own babies on our dam. Lovely :D
Wow, what a lovely story! That sounds very fulfilling, and it is great that they come back each year and you can see their own babies being raised!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.