Only you can judge what the quality of his life is, it sounds like something is very wrong, was it an avian vet that saw him, what was the diagnosis from the vet, how long has he been ill and where there any tests done?
Thank you for your comments. I have an appt.with vet on Friday at 2.30 pm to let him go.I'm very sorry to hear Gnip is in such poor health.
His is quality of life has deteriorated tremendously and I'm sure he must be suffering.
In my personal opinion, as difficult as it is, the best decision you could make would be to allow the vet to help him move on in his journey to the Rainbow Bridge.
I would not be able to watch one of my budgies continue in the condition which you have described.
I certainly know how hard it is -- I've had to let many of my beloved pets go over the years.
However, I truly believe it is the greatest act of selfless love one can give.
When a pet has reached the point where it is in constant pain and the quality of life is never going to improve, it is cruel to allow it to continue to suffer.
If you'd like, feel free to send me a Private Message and we can communicate more without our conversations being part of the public forum.
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
You can contact an on-line Avian Veterinarian for Advice:
Ask an avian vet - get bird care answers ASAP
Appointments, consultations, phone, skype, iChat, e-mail - Budgie Health
Just Answer Veterinarian for Birds