Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in PetSmart getting dog food and, as always, walked by to see the little budgies. I saw a cute little dark green male with his head tucked taking a nap. Wait, maybe he's blue. No, he has a green butt. Then he turns around and looks like a golden faced sky blue. Is it normal for yf/gf birds to have a green rump. And I mean green. Dark green. Remember, I thought this bird was dark green until he turned around to show me his front side. I have some bad pics, but you can see the clear difference between the blue and green. Thanks, y'all.

The pictures are rubbish, so you'll just have to trust me that this bird's rump is green. :D

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the yellow changes the blue to seafoamy green. This
Birds chest shows some of that. But his rump is a differen color entirely (dark green). Is that what you're saying you've seen in other YF birds, Bridget, or the seafoam green? Thanks for your reply, btw. :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah....I have a weakness. I also bought 2 others ( I think they're both girls). I have an addiction.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
They are gorgeous! Congrats on the new fids... can't help with the mutations, though. Sorry.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
golden---

Hi, The yel/golden face will wash over the base color and chest and rump areas can both be effected. I have a golden face cobalt with a deep blue green rump but a bit lighter on the chest. The wash varies with the level of yellow mutation. The color will not match the standard green or blue colors.

Blessings,

Jo Ann:budgie:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm currently on the verge of getting addicted to budgies. As soon as I can afford a bigger cage, I'm getting two females and lots of toys and perches.

·
Registered
735 Posts
He is blue with Yellowface, yes. :>

But I've always noticed that the color on the rump is darker and more vivid than the color on the body, on almost every budgie I've seen so far. XD So that is normal.

·
Registered
281 Posts
..I'm sure you didn't choose him, the "little beggar" chose you!

Oh, and about your addiction..there's a cure you know!..."go buy some more & enjoy them!"

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
..I'm sure you didn't choose him, the "little beggar" chose you!

Oh, and about your addiction..there's a cure you know!..."go buy some more & enjoy them!"
Yep. I'm learning that I just need to get a few more every now and then. :) Wish I could find some clearwing pet types around here.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yellow-faced type 2nd can change colours...see my drawing of a yellow-face type 2nd cobalt normal in juvenile plumage and in middle of moult from juvenile plumage, to 1st adult plumage.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.