Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a immature male budgie in first adult plumage, but his body colour were bright blue with bright canary yellow-face.

Is this bird a Golden-faced cobalt normal ??? :S

When I held the golden-faced budgie and a single factor yellow-faced type 2nd together, I noticed the bird with bright yellow face and bright blue body, had bright canary yellow crown & forehead, than yellow-faced type 2nd which had paler yellow crown & forehead and canary yellow bibs & lores.

I was confused about whether the richly-coloured male budgie was a golden-faced or not.

His parents:
Father (now dead) single factor yellow-faced type skyblue normal spangle.
Mother (alive & 1-year-old) double factor yellow-faced type skyblue normal spangle.

None of my budgies had orangish-yellow faces, hence word "Golden"

I wondered...Can both yellow-faced type 2nd parents produce a Golden-faced baby budgie ???

To see my photoes of budgies, see this website: http://s1158.photobucket.com/

Photoes:
From left to right

1) top bird: single factor yellow-faced type 2nd violet-cobait normal. (lighter canary yellow)
Below bird: Golden-faced cobait normal ??? (canary yellow)

2) Below bird: Golden-faced cobait normal ???

3) Below bird: Golden-faced cobait normal ???

4) Rump of Golden-faced cobait normal ???

5) Centre bird: Golden-faced cobait normal ???

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't know about the yellowface/goldenface thing... but I do know that he IS a cobalt :p ... and that he's really really pretty :D. I guess we'll see what the experts have to say, but if I HAD to guess I'd say goldenface.

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
That is one gorgeous **** bird :love:

My little Nemo is a golden face, but the type that spreads throughout the body feathers and I believe he was a sky blue, now looks green due to the spreadage! But I'll add his photo for a comparison of the goldenface colour for you. Can't really say much about it except he is a very handsome bird you have there :D

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.