Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek salad

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  despoinaki 
#1 ·
I think all of you know how to make a greek salad, but I thought I could post the recipe on how I prepare it!
Well....

2-3 medium tomatoes
1 medium cucumber
2 Peppers (I use one green and one red)
1 medium onion
Parsley
200 gr feta cheese
oregano
3 tablespoons olive oil
vinegar (optional)
olives (optional)
salt

All vegetable ingredients washed well and then sliced. The tomatoes, peppers, onion and cucumber in big slices. Then we put Parsley in very small slices in a cup, oregano, olive oil, salt and vinegar and we mix them well. We put the vegetable slices in a big bowl, add the cup mix, feta cheese in cubes and the olives on top of the salad. It's done! :)
It will look like this:

See less See more
#12 ·
Really?? Oh I can't wait to see how it tastes to you!whether you like it or not! is it easy there to find olive oil and feta cheese?
and of course you can add anything you like. My Horiatiki (this is how we call it here) has also rocket leaves, green fresh onions and sometimes peppermint leaves :)

#13 ·
Well made mine today. Did everything in your recipe except parsley. I used ACV mixed with the oil. I used peppers and oregano from the garden everything else store bought organic. I will add chopped avocado when I serve it.

It tastes delicious now and should only get better as it sits :).

Thanks for the recipe Despina :D.

#14 ·
Wow it tastes great. Even Linda likes it and she don't like tomatoes or black olives. I can see some cool variations for different things. I want to make another the same and dice everything very small and use it as a topping on an Italian sub or in a chicken or beef wrap made with flat bread or a tortilla. Add some chilled tomato juice and it would make a nice cold summertime soup.

Thanks again :)

#15 ·
I am so happy you and Linda liked it!! This is a tasty and healthy salad! :) I really liked your photo!! Cretans make different things too. They use a big rusk and the ingredients from greek salad (except peppers, cucumber and onion) and they eat it. It is called cretan ntako. Here's a photo of cretan ntako:

#19 ·
What a colorful Greek salad recipe with healthy ingredients. Your recipe is slightly different from my recipe so will definitely try your Greek salad recipe and will share my reviews with Greek salad picture with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.