Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well from what we've added the mutations of the parents to equal out to the chicks mutations...we've pretty much come up with green babies, unless the father is split ? I'm not good with genetics, lol.

Anyway, I've been looking at other's pics here of their chicks, and most of the babies that ended up green did not have this much yellow and weren't this light when they were this old.

So anyway, what do you all think? Oldest being 12 days.

Not looking for exact mutations, I know that's way too eary, but just wondering if you think they LOOK like they might still be green?
Or atleast the oldest since he has more feathers.

BTW, my way of doing mutations is Yellow + Blue = GREEN! lol, jk. Mom is yellow, dad is blue....ok, lame joke..sorry :D

Attachments

Reactions: HAWK1506

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The chicks are green based but they will have a lot more yellow on them than green. I think they might be recessive pieds. Can you post photo of the parents?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
They are adorable. Congrats on the babies...
Im guessing green babies.. Green is dominant usually..?
May be green in the parents.. so split hmmm.

Sorry thinking out loud :)

·
Member of the Month
16,198 Posts

a quick photo of a chick, not sure at what age but they all turned out green
as you can see, not quite as yellow lol

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
could be a pied.
cant wait to see then once their older

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hmm, well...see, my oldest looks a little different. So far, and I know it's early, but so far there is alot of yellow and no dark spots. And the yellow is going up farther and farther on his feathers. I thought it would stop at the tips.
But anyway, I still could get green babies, just curious at this point if that's what it will be. I can't wait to see how they turn out! :)

Here are the parents.

Attachments

·
3,676 Posts
The mum is a light green recessive pied. I think the chicks will be like her

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone. Nev...I see you are in New Zealand, did you happen to hear of the incident with the 32 birds this week?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here they are today, 12 and 13 days old.

Sorry for the bad quality, they wouldn't sit still, lol. Plus the flash on my camera doesn't work.

Attachments

·
3,676 Posts
There is no doubt about it, they are both recessive pieds
Nev...I see you are in New Zealand, did you happen to hear of the incident with the 32 birds this week?
No I haven't heard anything. What sort of incident?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're right, they're both recessive pieds from what I can see. The 2 younger ones look to be getting yellow as well. So much for green or variety, lol. But they'll be beautiful, no doubt!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.