Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

I kept budgies on and off my whole life, but now I am interested in their genetics and I have a lot of questions. I'm going to start with this one: I can't figure out if this male belongs to the green or blue series. He was paired with a violet yellow face greywing and the babies are all blue. None of the babies are green. I think it is a cobalt yellow face. Am I correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi!

I kept budgies on and off my whole life, ut now I interested in their genetics and I have a lot of questions. I'm going to start with this one: I can't figure out is this male belongs to the green or blue series. He was paired with a violet yellow face greywing and the babies are all blue. None of the babies are green. I think it is a cobalt yellow face. Am I correct?
He's a yellow face type 2 (the yellow "bleeds" into the blue body color to create green).

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think is a beautiful normal cobalt yellow face 2,suffusions of yellow are something different in a yellow face budgie,maybe it will be all green after his moult?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
yep a cobalt yf2. there is way too much blue for him to be a green. and the blue under the wing confirms it.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Are the chicks yellowface too? The yellow spread looks unusual for YF2 suggesting either double factor YF2 or goldenface.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nefta?: Does the colour change after each moult? I haven't notice any cahnge at all. He is about 18 months.
Dean: I have colony breeding system, so it is difficult to say whose the father a 100%, but most of the babies I think its his are yellow face and it "bleeds" through the body colour of them as well. Here is one of his babies:
Erica: Thanks. I've found some similiar here on TB

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.