Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
can a grey male budgie be split for lacewing or do splits have to be cinnamon i have brought a grey bird that i was told might be split for lacewing :fingerx:
so hoping someone can help

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
I'm not certain... but, I think lacewing is in albinos and lutinos only. :S

·
Registered
893 Posts
im not sure teasha but nev breeds lacewings, he'd be able to tell you :)
even with the right pairing, not every chick will be a lacewing they are quite rare, especially if they are to have excellent markings

on reflection, the grey could be split for ino and cinnamon, but grey is dominant and a colour adding mutation, so i dont think breeding him even with the right partner would produce lacewings. but i dont really know. i have gotten myself all confused haha.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

yes a grey can be split for lacewing, it simply menas it is carrying both ino and cinnamon. a lacewing is an ino (albino or lutino) cinnamon bird.

a grey lacewing is white with the pale cinnamon markings.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
A male budgie of any mutation can be split for lacewing. A lacewing is created by the ino & the cinnamon mutations combining on the same gene. If a bird is split for both mutations the crossover rate is very low and you'll get cinnamon & ino chicks with only very few lacewings. Once you have a lacewing or a split lacewing they will generally breed true when paired to other mutations

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.