Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could a grey greywing be a mutation?
I don't know for sure on this little girl.
Any ideas as to her mutation? This is my chick,her mom is lutino,dad is skyblue greywing opaline. Dads parents are another skyblue greywing opaline,and a blue recessive pied.She seems to have a purplish hue to her too.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
yes grey greywing is a possible, greywings can come in any shade. however, it looks very pale for a greywing, the body colour and markings should be halfway between black and white...

it looks like an opaline grey and could be a dilute. are the photos taken with a flash? that could make them appear lighter than in reality...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes grey greywing is a possible, greywings can come in any shade. however, it looks very pale for a greywing, the body colour and markings should be halfway between black and white...

it looks like an opaline grey and could be a dilute. are the photos taken with a flash? that could make them appear lighter than in reality...
Yes the photos are taken with a flash. I'll get some more in a couple days..Still a few feathers to come in fully,can still see pins around neck. I'm still researching online,looking all over..I'm stumped.I can't find another example anywhere where it states the mutation that she is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.