Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful grey male split dom. pied and I have no clue what color female to pair him up with!

Any suggestions?

The page lists all my budgies (you'll have to scroll down a little)
http://friendlywings.weebly.com/our-budgies.html

It includes:
  • Lutino English
  • Green Cinnamon English
  • Green Cinnamon American
  • DF Violet, cobalt blue, opaline, pied
  • Cobalt blue, mixed pied, yellow face type 2

Or you can just throw out colors you think would make a great match. It'll be a little while before I can set him up for breeding so I have time to look for another female :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Matches

I am no expert with breeding matches but perhaps the cobalt blue, mixed pied, yellow face type 2...

BTW your Cobalt blue, greywing, dom. pied, yellow face type 2 is absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know nothing at all about this but I would guess Cobalt blue, mixed pied, yellow face type 2 or DF Violet, cobalt blue, opaline, pied

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your grey male can't be split for dominant pied because dominant mutations can't be carried in a split form.

Choosing a mate will depend on what chicks you want. If he is paired with a lutino or a green series bird you will get some greens and some grey greens. If he is paired to a to a blue series bird you can expect blues and greys.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am no expert with breeding matches but perhaps the cobalt blue, mixed pied, yellow face type 2...

BTW your Cobalt blue, greywing, dom. pied, yellow face type 2 is absolutely beautiful.
Thanks! He's got the cutest toes also! His feet are blue except for the tips of all his toes, which are pink :)

I know nothing at all about this but I would guess Cobalt blue, mixed pied, yellow face type 2 or DF Violet, cobalt blue, opaline, pied
Thanks! I was leaning towards the violet one.

Your grey male can't be split for dominant pied because dominant mutations can't be carried in a split form.

Choosing a mate will depend on what chicks you want. If he is paired with a lutino or a green series bird you will get some greens and some grey greens. If he is paired to a to a blue series bird you can expect blues and greys.
Well, he has the white patch on the back of his head. I was under the impression that meant he was split for pied, but I could definitely be wrong.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Well, he has the white patch on the back of his head. I was under the impression that meant he was split for pied, but I could definitely be wrong.
It probably means that he is split for recessive pied - not dominant pied

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.