Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a female albino (white body pink eyes) budgie who is a couple of months old (two to three? Starting first molt). She has a blue suffusion, and just the last couple of days, her flight feathers have started to have a grey outline to them. It is only on her flight feathers, and appears darker today.

I was just wondering what this was? Is it a mutation or should I post this under health? Thanks for any input :)

·
Senior Budgie
3,973 Posts
I had a female Albino as well.
Yeah!
Virtual High five!
She also had a tint of blue to her also.
Never really saw grey color...
I hope you get your answer.
I'd love to see pictures though :)

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Is it just the shadows?
or markings? Sorry I'm not very helpful :p

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is not uncommon for albinos to have very faint markings and suffusion. The outline on your bird's wings seem a bit more than usual.

Sometimes a lacewing will not get brown markings until it has it's first moult but I don't think your bird is a lacewing because there doesn't appear to be any colour in her cheek patches. It will be interesting to see how she looks after she has finished her moult

·
Registered
270 Posts
Our albino is all white. Not a color on her. Except for her month as a pink punk rocker! She devoured a grape mineral block and was completely pink! I should have taken a picture!

·
Registered
145 Posts
look at her under a blacklight...I have a little albino named Spooky and when she's under a black light she glows ! Her wings show the same yellow scalloping as a normal with hints of violet cheek patches and black spots that appear glowing yellow, blue and gray under the black light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.