Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of greywing chicks around the age of two to three weeks? I am wondering about the two blue chicks of Stormy and Noah's clutch; the older green babies seem to have darker wing markings? Or is it too soon to tell? Mom is greywing; dad is not.

Baby #3 is 16 days:

Baby #4 at 14 days:

Babies #1 & #2 for comparison (when they were 17 and 16 days):

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Grey wing is a recessive gene. That means that both of the parents would have to show or carry grey wing. It looks to me like their wings are going to be normal. Baby 1 and 2 look like their light green normal. Baby 3 looks like a sky blue dominant pied and baby 4 looks like a sky blue normal.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grey wing is a recessive gene. That means that both of the parents would have to show or carry grey wing. It looks to me like their wings are going to be normal. Baby 1 and 2 look like their light green normal. Baby 3 looks like a sky blue dominant pied and baby 4 looks like a sky blue normal.
Thanks :). I know it is a recessive trait. I am not sure what all Noah (normal green) is split for except apparently pied and blue :D. I guess it's just the way the flash of the camera hits their wings then. Both #3 and #4 are normals, though I do know one of their siblings is looking to be a blue pied (12 days):

Another is green pied (10 days):

Still waiting for #7 (8 days), but my early guess is another normal; blue or maybe green:

Its weird; the flash shows the blue babies as skyblue, but in natural light they look almost cobalt. Same with the greens; they seem to show a different shade of green on camera.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
None of your chicks are greywing. Baby #3's markings are not as dark as the others but it is still a normal

·
Registered
93 Posts
oh.. here they are.. the chicks :D sooo cute..
none are greywings but statistically half of them should be split for grewing :D

post some more pics, would love to see them grow..

·
Registered
93 Posts
If one parent is a visual greywing they will all be split for greywing
thanks for correcting me.. how could i have made such a mistake... very disapointed at myself.. now that you have pointed it out, it sounds so obvious.

will try to be more careful with my posts

thanks Nev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.