Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do clearwing & greywing genetics work the same?I had 3 chicks from last year form a greywing hen to a non greywing **** so would those 3 chicks be split for greywing?& I had 1 chick from a Clearwing **** & non clearwing hen so would that chick be split for clearwing?& I have a full body colour greywing hen (not bred by me) so does that mean she has both greywing & clearwing genes?& could the FBC greywing x clearwing **** produce clearwing chicks?Sorry for all the questions but I cannot find all that much info for these genetics!

G

·
Clearwing and greywing are both non-sex linked mutations. Both hen and **** can carry the gene in split form.

1. To get a clearwing chick, one gene must come from each of the parents.
2. To get a greywing chick, one gene must come from each of the parents.
3. To get a FBC greywing chick, one gene must come from each of the parents, one gene must be clearwing and the other gene must be greywing.

Clearwings have 100% full body colour and its wings could be very light grey or wholly white (for blue series) or wholly yellow (for green series).

Greywings have 50% body colour and its wings are greyish colour including its tail feathers.

FBC greywings are a combination of clearwings and greywings.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Do clearwing & greywing genetics work the same?I had 3 chicks from last year form a greywing hen to a non greywing **** so would those 3 chicks be split for greywing?& I had 1 chick from a Clearwing **** & non clearwing hen so would that chick be split for clearwing?& I have a full body colour greywing hen (not bred by me) so does that mean she has both greywing & clearwing genes?& could the FBC greywing x clearwing **** produce clearwing chicks?Sorry for all the questions but I cannot find all that much info for these genetics!
you are correct in all your assumptions!

a fb greywing can produce either clearwings, greywings or fb greywings depending on what genes it mate has.

there is a bit of info on this type of inheritance here :http://www.budgie-info.com/alleles.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.