Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 3 very similarly mutated budgies and have a good hunch as to their mutations but as always, I love hearing what the experts think - and even those who don't consider themselves experts!! Everyone welcome to offer their opinion!

I believe Joey is a skyblue greywing because his grey wings are of a medium shade, and his cheek patch is slightly diluted violet.

Caroline I believe is the same - a skyblue greywing for the same reasons.

I think Venus may be a skyblue dilute because when compared to the other two, her markings and overall body color AND cheek patches are much more soft and well, diluted.

I'm including several of them together in the same picture too so you can get an idea of how they compare to each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i think you are probably right. dilutes often have lighter markings than your venus but i think checking the tail feather will help confirm.

greywings should have greyish blue tails whereas dilute usually have a more whitish tail.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Not all greywings have the same intensity of colour. Venus could be a light greywing or a dark dilute. There is quite a big variation in the shade of a lot of mutations

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think you are probably right. dilutes often have lighter markings than your venus but i think checking the tail feather will help confirm.

greywings should have greyish blue tails whereas dilute usually have a more whitish tail.

Thank you for your reply. So what would you consider Caroline's tail to be? Greyish blue or whitish? I'll see about finding a shot of their tails.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure without a photo of it fully grown.... but i would have said she is too dark to be a dilute.

I think Caroline's tail is fully grown? I don't think she's dilute, but based on your description of tail colors and their respective mutations, I wondered what color you would classify her tail as.

Here are pictures of each of their tails.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
caroline and venus look like they have short tails to me, not full length yet.

joeys looks grey like a greywings, and venus looks whitish like i would expect for a dilute.

carolines looks like it has white patches on it but i can see grey at the top, as i would expect for a greywing... i think her tail will be grey with white on the ends for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.