Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up my male and female greywings. I have only bred the female to a yelow double factor recessive pied. I had all normal green chicks. Now i paired her up with my opaline greywing grey green budgie Mango. Kiwi is a type 2 yellow face oaline greywing sky blue (as i was told) I am hoping I won't get normal greens again. I would like to know what would be expected. here are a few pictures. Thanks

these are the two
Kiwi

Mango

Thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have no idea regarding your question...but I just have to say the kiwi and mango are absolutely gorgeous!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can't tell what to expect really... Whatever the turn out may be im sure that they will be beautiful looking birds judging by how the parents look. The fun in breeding these guys is not knowing what your going to get anyway lol :)
goodluck though!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

no you won't get all normal greens this time!

you should get opaline greywings. i think the **** bird is a dilute so you may get more like him if the hen is split for dilute. the chicks will be greens and maybe blues, some with yellow faces like mum.

·
Registered
178 Posts
the chicks will be 100% opaline.If the **** is split for blue you will get greens and blues.don't know about the other mutaions.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea it is such a mystery which makes it fun. They are already checking out the nest box which is exciting. I'll see how this goes :)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
You should get greens and blue (if cockis split for blue)
Yellow faced blues
greywings
greys (if **** is grey green as you said)
opaline females ( i believe)
and these mixed together

E.G opaline greywing yf2 grey (or blue)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
You should get opaline greywing and possibly some opaline dilutes. No normals.
If the **** is split for blue the colours will be greens, blues, greys, grey greens, and yellow faces

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow thanks. They sound like they will make beautiful babies. Either way they will be cute. Thanks again

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
It sounds like you're going to have beautiful babies. Good luck! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.