Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone is able to confirm that my 2 new budgies are greywings. I am really hoping they are as I have been looking for them for ages now so it could just be wishful thinking on my part lol.

Pixel is the male on the left & Charoite is the female on the right.

Charoite does look darker in the pic than she actually is

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Male is a Greywing, Hen looks possibly cinnamon.

Why are you after greywings?
What are of the UK are you from?
Hi Amelia, TBH I only wanted the greywings purely because I really like the mutation and have to admit until I started coming on TB i had never heard of them. (I am new-ish to keeping budgies). I do have a lot of other mutations already which I am still learning about which has been really interesting (When it's not driving my crazy because i don't get it that is)

I did get another male greywing but he is not setting in as quickly as the other 2 so I didn't want to wave a camera in his face.

I also thought that about the hen but in person the markings on the wings do look a lot more like the males I just couldn't capture it in a pic.

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed the cinnamon, too.

Can a budgie be greywing and cinnamon, or only one or the other?
I have no idea I would imagine they could as a if you bred a pair of greywings and the male was split for cinnamon he could technically pass it on to females that he has.
Well I think that's right any way but hey I could be well off, I'm still a novice with the genetics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.