Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting some of the local shops a couple days ago and stumbled across this lovely little guy. He was so happy go lucky bobbing his head at everyone and hopping around. As I was watching his antics I looked at his color. He was a sea foam greenish color. He was so cute I had to add him to my flock. I was wondering what color mutation Charlie was. I'm almost positive he is a sky blue yellow face type 2 grey wing. Here are some photos so you can take a guess.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'd be inclined to say its a goldenface cinnamon sky blue male. The yellow is quite strong unless thats a camera effect.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry but I disagree with all of you on the Cinnamon part. I can see why you might think he might be cinnamon because of the mix of yellow and grey in the photo, but let me tell you his wing color is grey. For example this is one of my cinnamon hens.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Cinnamon comes in many shades, some are light brown, some are greyish and some are almost as dark as a normal. Here is a photo of a type 2 yellow face cinnamon sky of mine to compare

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
I agree with Nev, I have 3 cinnamons and 1 female is like your and then I have a second one which has quite dark, almost chocolate in parts and a male with very washed out/dilute cinnamon marks

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'm sorry but I disagree with all of you on the Cinnamon part. I can see why you might think he might be cinnamon because of the mix of yellow and grey in the photo, but let me tell you his wing color is grey. For example this is one of my cinnamon hens.

The other misleading thing about this picture is the base colour of the bird only further emphasises the cinnamon wing colour. The budgie itself is a mustard colour making the wings look even more brown, so you might think that is how all cinnamons should look. But nev is right, cinnamons vary greatly in not only their wing colour, but also the amount of dilution on the base colour (body colour).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.