Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Micro Budgie
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have 4 baby budgies and I have no idea how they will look, so I decided to let you guys take a guess.

Here is a picture of the mom.(Plum)

And the dad.(Cabbage)

Here is a single picture of each of the 4 babies.
1st

2nd (Red Eyes)

3rd

4th

So lets see what you experts think I have on my hands. Thanks. :)

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Ok...

So I'm guessing the most obvious ones - Chick 2 is a Lutino and Chick 3 is a Dominant Pied...

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Well..Lutino.lol! I'm sure seeing a lot of yellow on all of your babies. I'm sure Nev, Pearce or one of our other mutation experts will be around soon.:)

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Chick 1 yf2 blue ?
Chick 2 is a Lutino
Chick 3 is a Dominant Pied ( ithink )
Chick 4 is a cutie!

·
Member of the Month
3,206 Posts
Now that your ino is feathering out more it surely looks lutino. I look forward to seeing what Nev, Dean, etc have to say :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Dont jump to the obvious conclusion of ino! If the chick has red eyes, then yes its an ino (and i also think its an ino girl, but too hard to judge from that pic).
However, the pictures of the parents dont clearly show their mutations so aside from the obvious dominant pied coming through, its difficult to say just yet. Also looks like the chicks have opaline down so we'll see.

Can you post pictures clearly showing the back and wings of the parents?

·
Micro Budgie
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully these will help a bit. Don't wanna take a picture of them right now as it is the middle of the night.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Okay the dad is a normal Green split for Ino and Opaline, and the mum a Cobalt Opaline Clearflight...

I'd guess an Opaline, a Lutino girl, and two Clearflight Pieds, all green series and split for blue.

By the way, those picture aren't recent are they? Because both parents are quite young in those pictures..if they aren't recent then good, I am just checking to make sure. :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
well first of i just want to say wow :eek: they are beauties

and my guess woud be

1: opaline
2: Lutino
3:dominant pied
4: also dominant pied (if you look closely some very sall yellow feathers appearing on back of head

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Woops lol. Didnt see that you had posted "red eyes" above the second chick lol.

Dad would have to be a normal green split opaline and ino then. Doesnt look like he is split for blue as all chicks are green series.

Jen has it right so i wont repeat what she has said about the chicks, although i think there are more opalines then she suspects. Havent got time to see for sure.

·
<- - Have you met Blooby?
1 Posts
I'm not gonna guess, but I will say this there are really cute! :p
The parents are gorgeous too by the way.
Wish I had time to breed again, at least I get to see everyone else's chicks here. :)
So I'm not missing out on much.

·
Budgie Addict :)
6,526 Posts
Aww. They are getting so cute.:D Can't wait to see them with more feathers.

·
Micro Budgie
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay the dad is a normal Green split for Ino and Opaline, and the mum a Cobalt Opaline Clearflight...

I'd guess an Opaline, a Lutino girl, and two Clearflight Pieds, all green series and split for blue.

By the way, those picture aren't recent are they? Because both parents are quite young in those pictures..if they aren't recent then good, I am just checking to make sure. :)
Yea those pictures are quite old. I made that post last night when they were asleep and I didn't want to wake them up for a picture.

·
Member of the Month
3,206 Posts
I told you there were lots of surprises in the bunch. Boy, they have a ton of possibilities in their genetic pool don't they :):) The chicks look great!!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The dad looks like a Type 2 yellow face but the chicks are green series so he must be a normal green (unless you are colony breeding). The hen is an opaline dominant pied sky blue

1st chick opaline green
2nd lutino or possibly a creamino as the yellow is quite pale (it must be female)
3rd dominant pied green
4th dominant pied green & maybe opaline as well

It is possible that the pied type is clearflight but the hen looks more like a dominant pied than a clearflight pied to me. When the chicks mature we will be able to tell for sure - the hen and the chicks must be the same pied type

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The dad looks like a Type 2 yellow face but the chicks are green series so he must be a normal green (unless you are colony breeding). The hen is an opaline dominant pied sky blue

1st chick opaline green
2nd lutino or possibly a creamino as the yellow is quite pale (it must be female)
3rd dominant pied green
4th dominant pied green & maybe opaline as well

It is possible that the pied type is clearflight but the hen looks more like a dominant pied than a clearflight pied to me. When the chicks mature we will be able to tell for sure - the hen and the chicks must be the same pied type
I agree with you about the dad nev. I thought YF2 as well, but the yellow in the chicks is faaar to solid to be YF, it has to be green series yellow. And since they are all that yellow, dad must be double factor green as opposed to YF2 or green split blue masking YF2. I also think there may be more than one opaline.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.