Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went 2 states away to get some new english today and I am hoping you guys can help me out as you always do :) What do you think the male is? Sky blue Dilute? Clear wing? He has the faintest spangle markings and very diluted body color. Guesses please! :D

And the girl is a sky blue violet opaline cinnamon right?

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your male is probably a spangle greywing sky blue. The body colour is diluted about the right amount for a greywing and you can tell he's spangle by the wing markings & the frosting on the rump

You have the female's mutation about right

They are beautiful birds but I'm surprised you call them English. They look like good sized standards to me

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for the clarification Nev :) I am sure they are pure english I just wanted to be sure on their mutations. The pics arent very flattering to them though im afraid. Heres a few more of the parents of the cinnamon and another of the greywing... maybe these look a little better? The parents of the cinnamon were almost as big as the breeders cockatiels haha. I know they arent anywhere near as good as yours though :)

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Thank you for the clarification Nev :) I am sure they are pure english I just wanted to be sure on their mutations. The pics arent very flattering to them though im afraid. Heres a few more of the parents of the cinnamon and another of the greywing... maybe these look a little better? The parents of the cinnamon were almost as big as the breeders cockatiels haha. I know they arent anywhere near as good as yours though :)
A lot of mine are pet type. I prefer a tight feathered active bird to the exhibition type

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.