Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured out what Nox is after peeking at the the post about Lime's Mutations from Sam the Budgie. But Stellar is still a mystery to me :S

He is almost purely yellow, with white cheek markings. But has splotches of green on his breast and his back. Which is quite lovely and makes me want to know even more what mutation(s) he has -especially since he is siring a clutch of eggs.

Stellar

(most photos of him are rather poor since he seems to be rather camera shy in comparison to his lady, Nox)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Satou -

Some good close up photos would be helpful. We can't help much without seeing the bird. Also, any info you have about his background would help in determining his variety.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The photo isn't very clear but if what you say is true and he has green patches on his chest he sounds like a double factor dominant pied. But because his feet are so pink i'm thinking he is a dominant pied recessive pied mix. Also what do his eyes look like? are they black or red? and do they have iris rings?

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I don't see much green on him.

He's either recessive pied green or dark eyed clear with some green peeking through the clear yellow.

Can you post close-up pics of front and back of both birds so we can ascertain mutations and chick outcomes?

Since the recessive pied gene is recessive, you won't get any RPs unless the hen is RP or split to RP.

DEC is a combination of clearflight pied (a dominant gene) and RP (a recessive gene). So the chicks will be normal or clearflight if hen is not RP or split to RP, OR normal, clearflight or RP, if hen is RP or split to RP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.