Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My budgie Ice is has fluffed up feathers about 90% of the time, is there something wrong with him? I've never heard of it before. Is it just a habit?:S

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
How long has Ice been displaying this behaviour may I ask?
Is he sleeping more, eyes closed and not as active?
What temperature is the room where he is caged, has he been eating, drinking, normally and what is his poop like? Runny, green, poop is a sign of trouble as is a fluffed up budgie usually . They do not sit fluffed for no reason. An avian vet visit would be the best way to go regarding your little Ice. I hope all is well soon.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had him very long but he doesn't sleep too often. I'd say the temperature is between 18-22 degrees. His eating is normal and his poop too. I haven't seen him drink... How often should they drink?

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
Ok budgies do not need to drink as often as we do , they usually will only drink after their first eating session on waking and perhaps a little sip every now and then. they need the water to be room temperature they don't like water that is too cold.
If your budgie drinking a lot then it is a sign of sickness in fact.
They also need a good amount of sleep, a uninterrupted night time sleep is essential for their wellbeing and health. Budgies do not have good night sight so the tend to start settling once the sun has gone down in the wild.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, that is some good information. Thanks. Also, I hope we're on the same page with what fluffed up feathers means. I looked it up and the pictures all look much worse than Ice does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.