Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
55,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi, Hi, Hi, EveryBirdie!!

We're gonna have a Halloween Costume Party and YOU are invited! We hope you'll come and celebrate with us.

Halloween Costume Party Contest

Our special Costume Party is open to ALL pets.

Halloween is just around the corner!!

This contest gives everybirdie a chance to show off your very best ghoulish creations.

There are TWO categories you can enter

Category # 1-Edited/Photoshopped Photos​

Show us your pet's costume using a Photoshopped picture.

The photo does not have to be recent. Older photos are eligible for this competition.

If you don't have Photoshop, there are several of free online photo imaging editing sites you can join to create a Photoshopped effect.
Photobucket, Picasa, Blingee and others offer these tools, so use your imagination to create the BEST Halloween costume for our party!

Category # 2-Natural Photos​

Please make sure that your pet is a willing participant if you choose to enter a natural photo.
We would love to see our members dressed up in costume as well, so you can be in the photo with your pet(s) should you so choose.

ENTRY

Post your photos on this thread

You may enter ONE photo in EACH category

Staff members (other than the staff members who help to judge) are allowed to enter

Judges will be able to enter non-competitive entries. I know they want to join in the fun, too!

TREATS!!

Three prizes for best costume will be awarded in each category.

1st prize 100 karma points and a one year Supporting Membership subscription or an extension to an existing membership.

2nd prize 75 karma points and a six month Supporting Membership subscription or an extension to an existing membership

3rd prize 50 karma points and a three month Supporting Membership subscription or an extension to an existing membership.

Submissions will be judged with the following criteria in mind

Overall Quality: Your photo should be clear and sharp -- not blurred or out of focus.

Photo Size: Make sure the size of your photo is large enough to be viewed by everyone, preferably 640 x 480 pixels
Please do NOT submit thumbnails - these drive the judges batty!

Creativity: This is MUST for both categories.
Let your imagination take flight-don't be afraid to let the spirits inspire you.

DEADLINE

The Costume Ball starts now and doors remain open until October 27th.
The judges will then gather to cast their spells (ahem, excuse me....votes)

Winners will be announced on Halloween, October 31st

·
Registered
274 Posts
maybe ill be a budgie and budgies will be humans OHHHH budgieception!!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm trying to delete the original background in a photo of my budgie, so I can edit it onto a Halloween themed background... Any tips? It doesn't seem to be going very well! Help would be very much appreciated :)

·
Mexican Food Bird Clan
1,445 Posts
I'm trying to delete the original background in a photo of my budgie, so I can edit it onto a Halloween themed background... Any tips? It doesn't seem to be going very well! Help would be very much appreciated :)
what program are you using? if you have photoshop, use the magnetic lasso tool and go around your budgie. then delete the background, or alternatively, cut the budgie out and paste it onto a new background. the magnetic lasso tool works best if you blow the image up larger so you can get all the smaller details.

or, if you want to do it a different way, you could just erase the background out, and use a finer eraser tool around the budgie, also blowing up the image to get a cleaner cut.

·
Registered
274 Posts
ok got it i can photoshop him in right? they have never met!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
what program are you using? if you have photoshop, use the magnetic lasso tool and go around your budgie. then delete the background, or alternatively, cut the budgie out and paste it onto a new background. the magnetic lasso tool works best if you blow the image up larger so you can get all the smaller details.

or, if you want to do it a different way, you could just erase the background out, and use a finer eraser tool around the budgie, also blowing up the image to get a cleaner cut.
Thank you!

·
Registered
274 Posts
or you could use the selective tool it is in the same pop up as the magic wand tool. this one is my faveroute use for these things. the lasso tool angers me sometimes

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
yay. we love a party and we get to dress up too. this is going to be lots of fun.
come on everybirdie. join in the fun. but i think charlie might get scared. he's just a kid.

i am not rosie. i'm all grown and i won't be scared. maybe.
:peep:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.