Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybudgie :budgie:
I am traveling up to the city tomorrow, not only will I get to catch up with my sister for lunch but I am quite excited to be going to the jewellers to pick up my wedding ring. IT SHRUNK I TELL YOU ALL !!!:laughing:

I had it re sized as I have not been able to wear it for a couple of years, since I had a big kidney operation in fact. That is obviously when it shrunk when I had to take it off.
PLUS, I happen to have a gift voucher for the pet store there, this is where I buy my toys and some of my budgie foods. Of course they happen to sell birds as well......

No As much as I would love to I am more than happy with my little Boy and his friends at the moment. So have a lovely day all and I will be talking again soon .:driving::giggle:

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Haha, the mysterious case of the shrinking wedding ring! :laughing2:
Have a great time with your sister and good luck at the pet store, I hope your ring will be a perfect fit too when you try it out. ;)

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,510 Posts
Hahaha how terrible!! It will be great for you to be able to wear it again I can just imagine your excitement :p

And the petstore voucher! Somebody knows you very well :D

I hope you have a great day and I look forward to hearing all about it and meeting the new lovebird or kakariki that you come back with :D

·
Administrator
60,609 Posts
I HATE the way rings shrink like that. It just doesn't seem right, does it? :rolleyes: Ask that jeweler to be sure to treat it with both no-shrink and no-stretch before you accept it.
You just can't trust rings nowadays. (and I know 'cause I have a whole bunch that no longer fit)

Have a great time with your sister, lots of fun at the pet-store and we'll be happy to see you when you return! :hug:

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,540 Posts
Have a very Happy Day with your sister and the pet store, Cathy!:)

BTW, your post reminds me of a song from one of my favorite TV shows growing up which I'd like to share...

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
Saturday, what a day
Groovin' all week with you

These days are ours
Happy and free. (Oh Happy Days)
These days are ours
Share them with me.(Oh baby)

Goodbye grey sky, hello blue,
there's nothing can hold me when I hold you.
feels so right you can't be wrong,
rockin' and rollin' all week long.

:2thumbs:says Fronzie!:cool:

·
3,540 Posts
Nice song, Nick ;)
Have lots of fun, Cathy! Looking forward to hearing how the ring fits and what toys and food for the budgies you bring from the pet store :rolleyes:
*whispers* Niamh! Don't encourage her! :giggle:
LOL its from the show 'Happy Days' which must have been way before your time, Gigi. I also wanted to be just like Fronzie:cool::D

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Have a very Happy Day with your sister and the pet store, Cathy!:)

BTW, your post reminds me of a song from one of my favorite TV shows growing up which I'd like to share...

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
Saturday, what a day

These days are ours
Happy and free. (Oh Happy Days)
These days are ours
Share them with me.(Oh baby)

Goodbye grey sky, hello blue,
there's nothing can hold me when I hold you.
feels so right you can't be wrong,
rockin' and rollin' all week long.

Saturday, what a day

:2thumbs:says Fronzie!:cool:
The "Happy Days" theme song is one of my all time favourites too, and one day the right budgie will come along to join my flock and shall be named Fonzie or "The Fonz". ;)

Another theme song I really like is from another oldie, a sitcom named "Soap".

·
3,540 Posts
The "Happy Days" theme song is one of my all time favourites too, and one day the right budgie will come along to join my flock and shall be named Fonzie or "The Fonz". ;)

Another theme song I really like is from another oldie, a sitcom named "Soap".
Oh my, you're truly another hipster like the Jedikeet, Ana!:giggle:

Fronzie says "EHHH!":2thumbs:

·
3,540 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,323 Posts
Have a nice day with your sister Cathy.. My mothers ring shrunk once she had to take it to the jewellery to have to resized to fit her finger now that she has lost some weight she had to then after a few years get the jewellery to resize it again... Oh Happy days I love that old show we can still watch it on the television here....

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SO I picked up my ring and it fits lovely ! am very pleased to be able to wear it once more. Here is a picture of it for you all to see. I had it made by a jeweller friend she did a lovely job I think .
It is white gold with a diamond in the centre with four sapphires which are my birthstone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.